Thursday, September 8, 2016

Ode to Aunt Lamera

Day 8

I have been very blessed to have Aunts who were sweet, kind, Godly women who always put their family first.  A very special one was Aunt Lamera.  She lived in North Carolina when I was a child and it was always exciting when she came to visit.  She would share a new craft with all the ladies and girls every year.  She and I were very much alike.  In later years we talked on the phone...often...sometimes many times a day.  She went to be with Jesus last year.  I miss her every single day...often...many times a day.   We sleep in the bed she left me and have her lamp beside my bed.  Today would have been her birthday.  I painted this in remembrance of her.  My heart aches...
Thank you for viewing my art.  Please come again.   

2 comments: